2016 GUI recommendations

APL-related discussions - a stream of APL consciousness.
Not sure where to start a discussion ? Here's the place to be
Forum rules
This forum is for discussing APL-related issues. If you think that the subject is off-topic, then the Chat forum is probably a better place for your thoughts !

Re: 2016 GUI recommendations

Postby Delgear on Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:24 pm

Pierre,

I agree, my requests are standard GUI. Further, my Opengl needs are nothing special. Although (the most) challenging for me, WPF seems to be a stable modern platform to develop a new GUI. This is the reason for this post, to seek recommendations on 2016-20XX Dyalog GUI options. I'm inclined to push the WPF option and I will likely/definitely need a ton of assistance. In the meantime, I have a lot of work to do before I can start asking useful questions.

Thanks for your comments,
David
Delgear

Postby PGilbert on Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:26 pm

You can download the Telerik 2016 .Net community report here and at page 7 of the report is the answer to your question. The survey found that 46% of the respondent are using WPF for Windows desktop application development, 42% are using Windows Forms, 8% UWP and 4% others.

Good reading,
PGilbert

Postby Delgear on Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:21 am

Pierre,
I posted a reply this morning and I look this evening and I do not see my short reply, not sure what happened (I'm traveling today). I agree, nothing unique or new with my GUI and Opengl. My unique contribution is gear geometry with spiral-bevel and hypoid gears. I quickly looked at your links and may be able to make progress. I know I’ll need help if I pursue WPF. I’m looking for a stable GUI to grow, not something for next month. I have a lot of work before I can start asking real questions. If I get going, I will accept your offer and likely ask questions.
Thanks,
David
Delgear

Postby Delgear on Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:22 pm

Pierre, thanks. Wise or not, my thinking is to attempt WPF first.
Delgear

Previous

Return to APL Chat