Where's Dyalog's Homepage?

How to enrol; Forum policy; Entering APL characters; Discussions regarding Forum organization

Where's Dyalog's Homepage?

Postby MBaas on Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:45 am

Sure, www.dyalog.com The point I'd like to make is that there is no link which would take the user there once he entered the forum. The Dyalog-logo is linked to the forum-overview, which is a bit redudandent, as the forum headling is below it, and that also links to the forum-overview. (I think this headline is always present, even in Admin-mode...). So why not use the logo to link back to dyalog.com?
MBaas

Re: Where's Dyalog's Homepage?

Postby kai on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:08 am

I agree that there should be a link to Dyalog's homepage somewhere - but not via the logo.

A logo on a particular website is nowadays expected to link back to it's own homepage. The only exception is when it doesn't link anywhere. To take people elsewhere is very unlikely to please.
kai

Re: Where's Dyalog's Homepage?

Postby MBaas on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:26 am

A logo on a particular website is nowadays expected to link back to it's own homepage.

Agreed. That is why I suggested to do so ;) But of course you can debate what the "own" homepage is, and I can see reasons for linking to forums.dyalog.com too, on the other hand, why not link the text "forums.dyalog.com". After all, APLers are used to doing things a bit differently ;)
MBaas

Return to Using the Forum